Friday, June 23, 2006

Always Learning...

As with many things in life, you never really arrive. There is always something more to learn, as is the case with photography. I have always been a natural light photographer. I rely on God's light to illuminate my photos. But, let's face it, this is Oregon, and God's light is not always in abundance. Because of that, I have hesitantly began to learn more about studio lighting, I even purchased one light for my studio...though for many months it has stood unused. Well, it is time for a change. I recently took some maternity photos with only that light and was pleasantly surprised at the result. Of course, once you have a taste of victory, you want more. So, I am on the prowl - to build my portfolio and I am looking for some pregnant bellies to practice on. I am wanting to take photos similar to these here, so I need a few women who would be willing to be my models. There are a few requirements...an obviously pregnant belly, the willingness to be wrapped only in cloths and draped only with material (though there will be no actual nudity) and here's the clincher...a signature allowing me to use any and all photos at my discretion to advertise and build my portfolio. If you fit this description, and are interested in participating, please contact me by email. If you are chosen, you will receive the session free and your choice of 8x10 print from the session. (A $54 value)
Thank you for your help in advancing my photographic knowledge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

It's funny that i've never been overly impressed with the female pregnant figure until recently after living with my brother and sister in law for the duration of her pregnancy and ultimately the birth of my niece.

It's truly a beautiful thing. Like these photos.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

Kimberly...These are just AWESOME maternity shots:) YIP YIP!!!! ;)

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a photographer. My name is Amy Miller. I also use "natural light" priamrily. I seem to have a mental block about studio lights. I keep getting unantural looking colors in my digital photos. Any suggestions?
By the way, I love your site. I recently bought a flash program and will be adding that to my site. I only hope it will be as lovely as yours.

9:28 AM  
Blogger dale ann cubbage said...

Kimberly, your blog is just as classy as everything else of yours I've seen.

Your maternity shots are gorgeous. And I for one am also intrigued with the results I've gotten with my studio lights. Although there are times that cry out for natural light, there are also times I need to use my studio lights. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I know I've told you this before, but you're one of my favorite photographers! I learn so much watching your work. Glad to have another place to check in and watch your stuff!!

da

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home